Today is the first time I have written in this style for a while. I have been very focused on my books and getting some things done. Cleaned up, rewriting and such. (Since June I have completed the following books:one on fathers, one on hearing God, a 30 day devotional that will ultimately become a 1 year book, a book on Christmas, a book on revival and started a children’s book.)
But today, I wanted to reflect on some things.
Many have witnessed the terrorism in Paris and lots of people have their minds made up about a lot of things. When I was in pre-Christianity mode I was on the other side by a lot of your standards. By a lot of your thought process. It was hard for me. Harder for you!
This is not about the Paris incident so much as it is about people.
On Friday I was uncovering things and I could see as I looked back at a few posts, I knew something. But who cares? People are dead! Does that make me a better prophet? I want to stop these things. Not just say “Wow! See what I saw?” My heart is pained over the tragedy.
Friday night and Saturday morning I reverted to a prayer format I had adopted early on. A particular declaration about breaking down communications. This showed up on my news on Saturday night
Potent Worldwide Hacker Group “Anonymous” Declares Cyber-War Against ISIS
That is cool. But what if “anonymous” is people doing what people do? Bringing comfort. Changing the world?
Last night I had an incredible dream. I was on this large older campus. It was during the fall and the season was just moving into winter. As I was leaving the building, a worship leader I knew was at the door. He greeted me. I realized he was working the door that night. (Psalm 84:10 (ASV) For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.)He was dressed in a uniform and he was very pleasant.
I wandered across the campus to the dining area. I met many people who knew me and we chatted along the way. These were men and women who had labored in the fields of ministry around the world. I purchased my food and when I went to pay, a woman was running the register. I knew her as well. (I have worked with her. Very efficient and very legal about everything.) I realized I did not have my money and told her so. She rolled her eyes and said she would wait for me to get back with the $1. (Part of me wanted to be angry. I was the one who had arranged this, for gosh sakes…) But, I was cheerful and began to run across the campus. As I was headed back, people stopped me to talk. To chat. I was losing time! Finally after a very long time I reached the door of my main building and walked in. I went to get my wallet and 3 people met me. One was a man I had not seen forever. He said, “remember me, pastor?” I did and told him so. (Some folks asked me how I knew him and I never did get back to dinner!)
I awoke from that dream, humbled. Humbled at how far the Lord had brought me over the years. But I also felt there were some keys here.
- Our service is to change the world. Our “duty” is to bring heaven into earth. All day I meditated on the word dominion. Dominion does not mean destruction, but implies great responsibility. Everything was good in the beginning and God wants us to “bring it to good” now. Does our walk represent “heaven on earth?” It is stewardship and excellence at the heaven level!
- I believe the dream was New England and that many are coming to New England.
- That worship is returning to the place of serving the Lord and not showmanship.
- That the law is being unraveled, one strand at a time. That legalistic structure and Phariseeical thinking is being minimized.
- That there are things about the world and the financial structures that are coming under God’s rule.
- That seasons of the past are being pulled into now. That we are looking at things and people differently.
- Jesus made all things new. We ought to follow and participate in that mandate.
Many years ago I started and organization where men and women of ministry worshiped together, sat down with one another and loved one another. I believe that a new day of that is coming. (It was predicated off a dream I had in the late 90s.)
Perhaps, like I am have often been I was premature in my thinking. Off in my timing. But I believe we are seeing another opportunity before us. Another wave is coming in. I think it might be time to begin to paddle a bit.