This last week completed a very important season in my life. It was one of submitted obedience for me. To stop doing something I had done for years and change my focus. It caused me to be pulled into another world.
What was it you might ask? It was writing another book, this time on fathers. And because of my schedule it added the fact that each morning I would only have until 7AM to get what I was going to do, done. Whether I awoke at 5 or 6 that is all the time I would have.
Yesterday I finished with 85,000 words, completing 60 days of writing and research. It was a new discipline. It separated me from channels of connection. Honestly it was a pretty lonely time on some levels. (Though both my wife and I would tell you this was the best summer we have ever had.)
So here are some of the chapters and such.
- Fathers-A cup of fatherhood (Title for now)
- This book what it means to mean
- Legacy and Dads
- The Fatherless
- Ministry Dads
- Little girls
- Little boys
- Why no fathers
- Divorced Dads
- Mothers-you are not dads
- Aberrant children
- Gods answer to fathers
- Learn fathering from God
- Stand strong
- Characteristics of a dad
- Characters of dads
- My father
- My grandfather
- My children
- The restoration of fathers
- Biblical fathers
- Bible verses
- The project is on fathers being changed
- Some great dads I have known
I am doing one final read through and then sending it off.
My writing for my blog and for newspapers and media will begin again.
This week will be devoted to getting a fresh perspective. What will be next?
- Regroup-this taught me a lot about myself. As my son would say “this was cathartic”!
- My next book will be “I Heard God”
- I am working on a book on a revival from 200 years ago.
- I have 2 children’s book series I would like to begin. One on trains and one on motorcycles.
- I have 18 books sitting in the wings with research. Many for 2016.
- Get my business life in order and develop a new flow to it! As the texters would say, LOL.
- Agree to the interviews on radio and in newspapers I have put off.
- Do the book signings the publisher and others have asked me to do.
The Interrupted Process,my previous book went a lot of places. People are considering it for bible studies, home groups and even some classes. It has been in every state of the USA and over 25 countries last I checked.
My friend Mark at lunch said, he believed that my childrens’ books would go far. I believe that. They will approach things from a place of history.
I have met people who write, want to write and are writing now. They have asked me my thoughts and my thinking about it. I have learned a lot and I will share a lot of it.
People have asked to help me. “What can I do?” Here is my list of considerations.
- Pray for me!
- Buy my books!
- Share my Facebook or Twitter posts.
- Share my books with friends in the media. Newspapers, TV or radio.
- Share my books or sites with friends in schools or ministries.
- Share with bookstores.
- Direct people to my websites.
I really appreciate those who have submitted letters, comments and reviews.
All in all, it has been a great summer. Today I will be climbing a mountain in Northern New Hampshire to get a fresh perspective. I am looking forward to it.
My prophetic equipping and writing will return to my blog!
Thanks for being you!