In my dream last night I was called to inspect military systems of deployment of weaponry. Most specifically these systems dealt with observation, reconnaissance and utilization of weapons. The systems were run by folks who were settled away in underground bunkers.
Much of what they did was tap into satellite systems and feeds while sitting in front of banks of monitors watching over the world. From this “perch” in the sky they could locate people and circumstances. If needed they would move in through closeups or add drones to their observation posts. These drones would quietly move to a location and begin to film. And finally if need be they would either arrange rescue or destruction.
As I was taken from installation to installation, I would set up an interview room. Individuals would come to me and I would review their case load, their tasks, impressions and emotional stability. Throughout the dream I would encounter many who were solid at their job and getting better. I also ran into the individual who would have all the signs of being on the road to danger. In fact during the course of my job here, I had released individuals over breech of policy, emotional and mental difficulties and more. My most recent tour was to uncover those who were out to inflame the worlds politics, adding their own agendas of politics, religion and paranoia.
It had been a rough trip for me personally. It was very emotional. I was a way from friends and family. I knew the value of my trip and my travels, but it had a price.
In the last installation, I had finished the interviews and I had some thoughts and questions. I had written them down and was cleaning up my interview area. I asked to see the weapons area. I had this “funny feeling” as we went to the elevator and were headed down. My feelings were that I was not going to like what I was going to see. And I suspected it was going to take longer than I wanted. Perhaps forcing me to cancel my flight out. Another weekend away.
As we stepped off the elevator I could smell the dampness of being beneath the earth’s surface, but there was a different smell. The smell of standing water. I got off and was escorted to the control rooms. I ran the systems through their tests. Fail lights appeared everywhere. I ran more tests and then went back above. I walked into the roomful of people. Some were at their desks, studying screens and typing away. Others were on the phone on what was clearly personal calls. Others were wandering around while many were at the windows overlooking the desert with the mountains in the background. I called a meeting.
In the meeting I began to ask a lot of questions. A lot of answers were not forthcoming. Some involved training, protocol, tasks, mission and more. I realized that many things were scheduled to change.
I also realized that my job had just begun.
I awoke from that dream and I was going through a battery of emotions. I saw a warning, an answer, an involvement and change.
In this dream I saw Jonah and his unwillingness. Paul and his life change on the way to Damascus. Peter and his brashness. Mary, Martha and all the while I was looking for Jesus! Oh, so many more did I view.
This dream will work on me in the coming days. It is personal as well as corporate. I think there is some real life warning and call to action.
I will offer you some takeaways.
- Connectivity-The weaponry systems had failed because of misuse, disrepair and had been relegated to a “that was then-this is now” mentality. A disregard for the old was bringing a failure of connectivity in the new. A lack of understanding for the need for weapons. (I am sure this has to do with intercession and prayer. I also think it has to do with the inability of folks to not look for something new before the old has been established. Not about people though it can be.)2 Corinthians 10:1-4
- Mission-An understanding of the mission is important. Not all will have the same piece, but all must have the same mission. Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
- We are one-We have a diversity of gifts and uniqueness of calling, but we are all connected by the Spirit, born from above. Romans 12:5-6
- Who is in charge?-We can have the mind of Christ. We can rest in our knowledge of who we are in Him. BUT, we can forget that He is not only Father, but that He is Lord. Proverbs 21:1-2
- Any place but here-There is a lot of wanting to be somewhere else, doing something greater. A discontent. Some of it holy discontent, while a lot of it is simply that-discontent. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
And so the journey begins.
The last year has been a year of dreams and visions. I have taken to reviewing words, dreams and visions I have shared and have found that many things have happened or are happening. This is of no credit to me, but to the Lord who shares with His prophets. I have felt the Lord has called me to record His happenings. I have had a false start or two. Lately I have felt new burdens of the Lord. I see many of my friends who function similar to I encountering the same or similar things. In 1995 I spoke of His Heir Force. I think this dream is connected. There is a need for directed, functional, biblical intercession coming forth as we see a group of people looking out the window for their direction. The malcontents are needing new direction, an understanding of leadership by God through God for His people. So much more coming.
I just heard “all hands on deck”.