[tweetthis]Honor has value and brings value.[/tweetthis]
It was perhaps the first dream that has done that(energize) since my hospitalization a few months ago. I was beginning to wonder if something had “shorted” out and I was to carry the weight of boredom and nostalgia. I had not mentioned it to anyone other than the doctor. As I tired to explain that dreams were part of my compass, she just nodded her head. I am sure she thought I had slipped a cog. So I gently prophesied over her to “prove my point”. The look of shock was quickly replaced my the welling up of tears in her eyes.
But honestly, I was concerned. This morning changed all that.
I found myself in a small community(very similar to where I live.), wandering and meeting people. Encounters began to happen. Angelic visitations, God encounters, healings and miracles. A man called me to ask if I would help him complete a building. As I drove up the driveway I knew it was familiar. When I arrived there, there was a father of the faith, whom I recognized from many years before. He greeted me with a hug, welcoming me. He then proceeded to share what the goal was for the day. To complete this building, by framing out the the lower section and working our way through to the second. He grabbed a board, cutting it to length. He began to frame. I looked. The size was wrong. My honor for him was suddenly challenged. I did not want to hurt his feelings, but there was a legal requirement and we were going to bypass that. I started to cut and to nail, but a weightiness overtook me. “God, what do I do?” In answer an angel appeared. But not as an angel might be perceived to be seen. But as a man. A heavenly man. He walked over to the Father. He gently explained to him, the incorrectness. It was only a 1/2” inch each time, but those halves would add of quickly. The father looked at me and nodded his head. He looked defeated. I went over to him and placed my arm on His shoulder. Tears welled up in his eyes. I comforted him. The change came about. He was not dishonored. In fact not a soul knew other than me. The foundational wall structure was corrected.
I learned a lot in that dream. There are a few pieces that I have been thinking on.
- Dishonor is never honorable. We coined the phrase somewhere in the 80’s about righteous anger. How is that working for you? It does not. People read the scriptures about anger and think we are okay in violating them. Truly there is a consequence. Bodily, corporately and at large. We have taken Jesus and His one act of anger and attempted to make that the norm.
- Fathers are not always right. But they are fathers. The heart of the father must turn towards the children. AND the heart of the children must turn towards the fathers. (Malachi 4:6)
- Honor ought to be a core value in our lives. People do wrong, act wrongly and hurt. But love is the greatest commandment. Let us avoid the actions so much like Ham, who had a willingness to expose the frailty and the nakedness of his father. Let us act with honor.(Genesis 9:21-23) Let us do as Japheth and Shem did. And cover with love
- There is a correctness that is needed in the body to be a structure generations may stand upon. It is not religious in the negative sense, but actually carries the weightiness of heaven. Let us build that our ceiling might be their floor.
- God can be trusted. He will work and appear on your behalf. But in the dream His appearance was predicated upon an atmosphere of honor.
I have noticed the amount of sleepless nights that have been spoken of in lives recently. I felt this upon waking. If it is the Lord causing you to awaken to pray, He will refresh you. Just as Jesus pointed out about the “appearance” of the Pharisees fasting and how they “looked” like they were fasting, I think the look of a prayer warrior ought to be joy, predicated on; assignment, trust in the Lord and grace. To not have that may well be pain, worry or other things. Let us not gloss over this. What is it we are seeing?
I submit to you that there is a harmony the world I seeking. And the lack of sleep may well be the result of disharmony. I know my meditations, thinkings and ponderings have the ability carry over with the potential to disrupt my sleep cycle. Harmony with the Father,harmony with His family.
Honor in all things.