Today I will be headed out to go bowling with my grandson Jacob. He has never bowled and it has been a couple of years for me. I used to bowl a lot. As a child I belonged to two Saturday leagues, paying for my bowling by cleaning the bowling balls Friday afternoons while my mom bowled in a teacher’s league. One of the most competitive times in my life I think. Everyone wanted to bowl that elusive 300. So today will be fun.
Today as I was thinking about being a child and what was important I did my due diligence with news and what I was praying and how I would pray. I thought what is the significance (If any, how do we focus, do we care, etc..) and how we might respond.Here are 10 that caught my eye.
- 92 MILLION AMERICANS NOT IN LABOR FORCE-The unemployment numbers mean little when people are bailing out of the numbers game. The bigger deal-that number represents ¼ of America. My prayer is comfort to these families-and I prophesy that America and its people will be restored to a place of being influential in carrying the gospel once again. In the midst of something like this you can give up or go on.(2 Kings 7:3)
- 1,500 people camp out for chance to apply for job…God made each person unique. It is the believer’s responsibility to call out the gold in people’s lives, undergirding their destiny with our words and our prayers.
- Attention ALL Shoppers: TARGET says data breach up to 110 million customers…One can choose to be fearful or one can choose to be prayerful. Identity lost is a tragedy. While I pray for the restoration of finances in this circumstance, my greater prayer is that each individual will receive an understanding of who they are in Him. Getting on “target” with that is important!
- Credit Card Hackers Hit NEIMAN MARCUS-While many will mock the affluence that this company represents, what it points out is two-fold. It represents the financial ability of a people to be excellent. It also underscores the need of people to see Him. The same money that could buy a Andy Warhol baby carriage has the ability to change lives in ghettos, 3rd world countries and more.
- STUDY: Too Much TV Can Damage Child’s Brain-No? Really? Needless to say too much of anything except Jesus is probably not healthy. The reality of it is we have traded TV radiation for relationship. Pray for the restoration of relationship!
- STUDY: Cellphone 18 times dirtier than public bathrooms-Did we really need to know this?
- China surpasses USA as world’s largest trading nation-Again I come back to while I realize globalization is a “done deal” few countries have our passion for people. It is time to prophesy that our home would be a place of innovation, inventions and influence again. We care about the gospel. Let us show it.
- Burrito vending machine arrives in Los Angeles-yeah…that says it all. I told you we were creative.
- 120 pound Woman Eats 72 Ounce Steak In 3 Minutes-Why?
- Your Gmail Is About To Get Even Less Private-Anyone that trusts a company that has a stealth helicopter, off shore barges and facial identification cameras in airports…Simply pray. Do not be fearful.
Overall, I do believe the world is getting better. (Vending machine burritos!) I believe we as a people have the ability to embrace the revival of Christ in us the hope of glory and release our personal expression of Christ through us to change finances, mentalities and nations.
Do not despair! Never stop believing. As they said in that super classic movie, The Goonies, “it is our time. I never have been so excited. Each day I wonder what miracle God is going to do, what person will be elevated and how amazing it is and will become.
For me, I am going to spend today with my grandson Jacob and my granddaughter, Naomi. I am committed to a world that is better than the one I grew up in. Whether it is bowling, brownies or going to the bank, each opportunity allows for you to sow the goodness of God and His message into young lives.
When you read the news it is not a time of despair and heartsickness. The creative force of the universe is alive in you. Overcome evil with your words of goodness. Jesus started a revolution. So can you. A revolution of goodness and restoration. The favor of the Lord is upon you. Receive all that He has for you and give it away.
If each headline was met with the voice of goodness, soon we would see (And presently are.) an overturning of evil in our midst. Change a person, a people, a world.