Let me first share the three dreams.
1) I was with a ministerial couple I know and they brought me all the documents for a couple that was to get married that day. I was doing the wedding. I was a little confused when I realized they were bringing me all the reasons this couple could NOT get married.(I was reminded upon awakening of the couple who came to me to do their wedding and on the eve of their wedding, when I asked for the wedding license, I was asked “do we really need one?”)
2) I was in a dream where people were fighting over paperwork with regard to position, relationship and even marriage.
3) This was a longer dream in which I was invited to a fun day with a group of friends. They told me it was on a mountain nearby and so I drove over. It was in three parts so I share the parts in chronological order though the order does not seem orderly to me.
a) I joined a group of young people at a ball field. As I walked up to the “field” I realized it was not that big. The guys were taking out their bats and warming up. I thought the field is at the base of the mountain and it is little more than 75’ x 75’ square, so how is this going to work? The first batter came up to the plate and out of “no where” a baseball came streaking down the pike. The batter swung. A hit! Where did it go? It seemed to travel but a second and disappeared as though by magic. People cheered the hit. The game continued on. I saw no players in the field. I only saw the ball being “pitched” to each batter.
b) The next place I encountered as I walked was a bunch of children. Lots of moms. No dads. The children were out of control. The moms were freaking out.
c) I moved on up the mountain and the crowd thinned out. People became more “responsible” and friendly towards one another.
These dreams were seemingly disconnected until I was praying and just sitting here reading the words. I realized it came down to a few common themes. Again let me share some thoughts and words that I that came to me and then I will connect the dots.
1) I heard “education is lost” and everything shifted (My dreams often become visions-I am not sure how that happens, but it does.) to children sitting dazed in front of video games. I saw children coming to the decision that they wanted to learn no more. And the proceeded to stop. (Funny how I just shared this with my grandchildren, from the S.W.E.A.T. pledge, “I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.”
2) “They have sold their birthrights.” Of course I thought of Jacob and Esau. He gave up His primogeniture status which included:
a) Loss of the role of priesthood, including priest of family and priesthood of the tribes.
b) Loss of double portion of paternal inheritance.
c) Loss of judicial authority.
d) Loss of family blessing.
Because Jesus was God’s only begotten son, when we accept Jesus, and enter into Him as He enters into us, we see the restoration of the birthright and all its blessings come to us.
3) It takes two parents to provide the care a child needs. (I get there are single parent households, dads and moms missing in action and a host of other things. I am simply citing His words. You can take it up with Him. I also get there are children holding on to rotten pasts that need to forgive and let go.)
Do you ever just wish everything could be “okay”? Me too. And then I realize “all authority” was given to you and I and it is on us to navigate and implement change. Whether it gets better or worse we have a say. A place. A position. And in the midst of it I just enjoy His company.
4) Grace is required. It is not optional. Grace never fails. Love never gives up.
And as I reviewed all the dreams and the emphasis God put on certain things, I came to the following conclusions. (You may reach or see others.)
- The first dream dealt with the idea that the mixture of law and grace continues to cause confusion. (There are still voices of the “circumcision” out there.) When the first Adam died (Romans 7:2) the law left a new husband, as the last Adam came forth in the person of Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:45)
- Stop fighting for position and relationship. (James 4)
- There is a mountain of revelation coming. Many will opt out for immaturity versus going up, often continuing to circle the mountain.
- Life is changing (baseball game) and not all things are seen as they once were. Many want to play but where are they?
- Education is most likely getting ready to be taken on by parents from what I see.
- The children opting out for what they perceive is real personally bothers me. (I know it is a dream!) But as I see well meaning single parents fighting for what they believe is right I sense a “counter balance” of sorts coming to them through folks in the church as well as God’s love towards them. (That may be redundant.) Parents you have got to become parents and avoid the “friends” trap. Your children need you to be a parent, not a friend. (Fine, you can be a friendly parent, but be a parent!!! J )
- Going up the mountain is a good thing. Take others!
I think overall it boils down to “What is God saying” because I perceive He is saying a lot. Education, grace, right parenting and maturity. (I know I have friends who can look at this and say, “yep, let’s do this thing. This is what we are going to do.”)
As I look at it I simply say grace and all that it entails. And just now I felt the Lord say, “these are prayer points.”
- Education is important.
- Maturity in the body
- Parents with a clue
- Multiplied grace.
Could not have said it better.
(Though I get nervous about “prayer points!)