Today we wake up to “more of the same” or is it? Folks, we wake up to the America we knew was divided and we see the reality of it. It is reflected in the wins and the losses. What has concerned me more over the months has been what I have described as a “civil war“, an oxymoron in word terms. (Personally, I would like to avoid that!)
My close friends know this is the scenario I saw, though I take no glory in it. 4 years ago much of America began to wake up. 4 years later I envision more to awaken.I will address what I see coming in some video later today, but that is not where I am this AM.
We, the church, have a responsibility. It is to be mediators of reconciliation. If you looked at Facebook the last few months you would see, many have chosen the divisive route with statements that have not only further alienated friends and family, but have pushed away the unknowing, the unbelieving.
Someone like me does not take this lightly. I was up very early with thought process and prayer. What has concerned me the most is the disparity of the vote. Not the electoral but the actual popular vote itself. Nearly 50/50. And that means our belief schedules are on different paths.
Here are my early morning thoughts. I am speaking to the church at large.
1. The church must see it’s destiny. We are not a handful and no more. Not a remnant. We are the church. Victorious. How can we claim victory status with so many choosing death? A victory is one where we recognize a win/win. (I am not talking politics though it is applicable.) So we, the church must see our role.
We were called to equip people. Not just to be part of the body but to overtake.
We must relinquish our mindset of “hunker down” and do what we are called to do.
We must empower our people. (Much of the choice we blame on “dependency on government” is in the church. We have depended on the “church” and not Jesus.)
We must take kingdom into every area of life.
2. We have relinquished our education systems in our “hunker down” mentality. (This mentality is related to the fact we do not see generations.) This is the “battleground.” Children spending 6-8 hours a day with indoctrination, moving on to 4 years of “higher” education and indoctrination, will vote as they have been taught.
3. We have relinquished much of our government, because of our “hunker down” mentality. We have failed to see as believers we can make a difference outside the voting booths. It is time for men and women of character and integrity to “occupy” until He comes.
4. We have allowed a media system to shape our lives. It is time to take it back. We need to walk away from the spin. People of integrity and character need to vote with their finances. Stop supporting the obviously flawed system of media.
5. We need to recognize that we receive the “fruit of our lips.” Cursing folks(and looking at my FB this morning it has begun. Please don’t tell me you are not operating in mixture, employing the OT, when you are calling down “fire.”) is not the answer. Your prayers for those in authority are important. Light and life are NOT “expose them.”
2 years ago a prophecy I gave has 8 years left. Where will we the church be in 8 years. Will we still be operating according to man(Spelled A-D-A-M) or will we see that a sword is used in heaven and a towel about the waist here on earth.
Please don’t talk to me about socialism or communism. I know the signs. The religion that is dangerous is not the one in your face, but most likely the religion of evolution. If your solution is fighting on FB and Twitter, you have missed my point and most likely that of God Himself. If you are discouraged and saying as the disciples did, when John the Baptist sent message, “is this the one or should we wait on another?” I would question your understanding of what He did and what He asked us to do.
So, as I often say it is time to “put on our big boy” pants, (Not so sure this a job for “skinny jeans…) and get to the work of the kingdom.