Last night was one of those great nights, marked by people participating. People getting involved. One of my problems is I always try to squeeze a lot in. Last night was no different.
A young man recently returned from IHOP was there, and brought for the time another young lady and glorious worship for us to pray in the meeting. The Lord gave me words for him, as well as many others who showed at the meeting. His worship made it so, I told Tina, “why teach?”
Some of the things touched on that are in opposition to prophets and apostles.
- Pastors working without apostles (Praise God – this is changing. Many assemblies seek apostolic covering, teaching, anointing)
- Prophets moving around like loose cannons (Praise God – this is changing. Prophets are learning to work with apostles)
- Ambitious entrepreneurs posing off for apostles, building their empire rather than the kingdom of God. (Praise God – this is changing. Sacrificial men are arising all over the globe who are laying down their life in the model of the Chief Shepherd to build the Church). Phil1:21
- One assembly competing with another – sheep stealing (Praise God – this is changing. Many assemblies are learning to be units of the One House of Prayer 24/7 – House Born in Heaven Is 56:6-11)
- Ministers going sent by no one starting off un-commissioned work. Rom 10:15-17
- Church planting on marketing strategies
- Human enterprise & ingenuity rather than the leading of the Holy Spirit taking over the Church Acts 13:1,2. (Praise God – this is changing. God is orchestrating conditions which are gathering His own into His fist, before His fury is unleashed)
- Young upstarts with no respect for generational succession up-shooting like mushrooms. (Praise God – this is changing. In many nations apostolic fathers are begetting loyal sons who work life long with the fathers. Earth’s fracture is being healed. Father return to their children. Mal 4:4,5 is being fulfilled in our day. (Coming of the Lord for restoration of all things must be near!!)
- Way of the Cross corrupted by crossing of ways – entertainment circuit shifting between church and super bowl
- Mid week prayer meeting by sweet prophetic sisters that come against “Saul like Pastors”, increasing warfare against the church
- Lone ranger spiritual warriors battling out of rank. (Do not allow unauthorised people to lay hands over you or engage spirits in our home prayer meetings or in ad hoc midweek meetings organized under the gift of some person rather than by your covering authority. We have had believers get demon possessed by people who said they would invoke a blessing and cast out the bad spirit in the house).
Smorgasbord of delicious conferences conducted by itinerant great conference speakers, taking away resources, energies, time away from local assembly’s weekly program, disrupting heaven’s governance. God governs through every home’s family prayer altar and every local assembly’s gathering. When any organization detracts believers from the local assembly’s prayer life, that is enemy action. Intercession movements must be church based. Every shout is not the victory sound as young Joshua learnt from wise Moses.
- Believers & ministers Neglecting home soil, indulging in exotic “mission trips”. (Praise God – this is changing. Large churches are arising reaching the inner city of western metropolis. Men of integrity are battling for the soul of their nation in the Third World)
- Wife uncovered, attempting great intercession exploits without keeping the home prayer altar
- Husband pursuing career neglecting the eternal pursuit. (Praise God – this is changing. Men are learning to be the kinsman redeemer)
- Churches with men doing nothing, women bearing the brunt of warfare and hard work, breaking down in health
- Intercession “merry go round” without being connected to evangelism & church birthing. (Praise God – this is changing; even international prayer ministries are now linking their efforts to Church lighthouses going 24/7)
- Church disconnected from mainstream life, catering to the exotic tastes of the initiated while neglecting the masses. (Praise God – this is changing; Strategic ministry to gate keepers are being birthed to touch & transform societal structures)
- Church unable to be the salt & light especially to young people. (Praise God – this is changing; bold Christian youth are impacting peers with radical NT Christianity and 24/7 coffee prayer houses)
- Trusting digital dynamics rather than heaven’s dunamis – Praise God! A Flood of the Holy Spirit is coming
Many of these being reasons people do not want the prophetic in church. An increase for integrity and character BEFORE the anointing.
1. Apostles and prophets are the two foundational ministries in the body of Christ.
2. Who gives these ministries to the Church? These verses above declare that it is God the Father and Jesus the Son of God who give these ministries to the church. Jesus Himself is the premier expression of each of these offices.
3. Apostles and Christian prophets are in the Church for the entire church age.
4. Is the New Testament Church today properly structured?
5. What are the biblical characteristics and ministry of apostles?
6. What are the biblical characteristics and ministry of New Testament, Christian prophets?
7. Should we identify and recognize apostles and prophets today? Certainly!
We closed with a time of worship and many of the students used their prophetic gifts and took advantage of the prophetic atmosphere. This is a place where people get to test truth and the spirit.
For all that attended, thank you.
How things have changed!