Have you stopped moving ahead? Have you pulled the “vehicle” to the side to let the “faster, younger, informed” ones pull by? Have you given up because it is too hard, too far, too much or too high? Have you confessed your last confession, declared your last declaration and prayed your last prayer because of fear, hurt or pain are causing you to stop? You might be in better company than you think.
I have noticed a lot of people who have said “I cannot do this ANYMORE!” Children, grandchildren, parents, jobs, friends have just become too much. “I want off this train. Out of this world. Stop the bus!” Many have read the book (The Bible) saw the last chapter and said “we win.” And then thrown it out into the future for “when they get home.” But what about now? Today? It says “we win” today…tomorrow and the next day. How? We change the earth. We cause it to look like heaven.
What is painful? Hurtful? Troubling? What has consumed you? Monopolized your thoughts?
Too frequently those thoughts offer up the temptation not to do something. It may be that we do not feel comfortable with the process or what is being asked. We may not feel equipped. We may not see the results clearly or the reason for what we are asked to do. We may have just given up!
I know too many who have become comfortable with where they are at even if it is not comfortable. Poor living conditions, lack of good work, minimal education to push ahead and even the “someone else will do it” mentality. We may have allowed distractions to enter our life or a circumstance to cause us to stop. So have others!
- Esther wanted to avoid using the excuse “I have not been called up for 30 days.” Esther 4:11
- Gideon was from the least of tribes. Judges 6:15
- Saul was fearful and called upon a witch. 1 Samuel 28
- David hid in a cave. 1 Samuel 24
- Peter ran away. And denied Christ. And quit what he had been called to do. John 21
- Saul now Paul was a murderer. Acts 6:8-8:1)
And if you ever think your family is the only one with a black sheep or two, a criminal in the mix, you never opened your Bible. You will have missed out who God says you are. What He created you for.
Today many will give up on life. They will bemoan circumstances, turn away from freedoms and forget that God has faith in them. He created them for life. You and I do not have to. We simply need to remind ourselves and others that:
- God has created us to win. (2 Corinthians 10:1-6)
- He has equipped us. (Hebrews 13:21 , 2 Peter 1:4)
- He has already overcome on our behalf (John 16:33)
- We need to walk out the process of heaven on earth. (Matthew 6:10)