I woke up this morning and thought, “I will use the beginnings of what I sketched out for today” but for some reason the task of that thought process is daunting. I looked at it and felt my “energy” level too low to accomplish. Not sure why. Did not stay up very late. My dreams were “rough” but not abnormal. My dreams are still in “ponder” mode.
I thought maybe I would table the thoughts of the last week or so where I have posed some questions I felt needed to be asked of myself as well as perhaps by others, but reading a friend’s post brought a topic near and dear to my heart. So, I will jump off her thoughts.
This was her post. (She is a thinker.)
Thought for the night; if our life spans were extended to 1000 years, would people find more or less things to worry, bicker, fight and kill each other over? If we had more time, would we be most likely to waste it and find more thing’s to destroy each other over? Or would we embrace peace and a long happy life so that long amount of time wasn’t so excruciating?
She is challenging the world and it’s thinking.
As a believer in Him and a prophetic voice, I ought to clarify my personal position and thinking.
- I do not think you need to die. I believe Jesus finished off our “old man” Adam on the cross. I believe we have a better than “garden of Eden” existence. We were not supposed to die in the garden, so why do we have to now? (You can choose to believe your experience or the truth of the word. One is real and the other not.) And our covenant with Christ is greater than Adam’s.
- Jesus healed you spirit, soul and body. Again, who’s truth do you believe?
- The reason for “death” in the garden was the eating of the tree of “good and evil”. There is only one tree in the garden (Revelation 22:2) and it is the tree of life. The other exists no more. (Did Jesus kill the “fig tree”?) So, we eat of life.
- 1,000 years are prophesied a lot in the Bible-do we stop now? (I prophesy hundreds of years out often.)
- Many believe the world will end. My eschatology is not that. There are many “until’s” to be fulfilled. The government of God is increasing, not decreasing. (Convinced that those who speak of a “remnant” have probably alienated others and see nothing happening except “doom and gloom”.) It is getting BETTER, not worse! Isaiah 9:7
- “Everyone dies!” Do they? “Appointed time to die…” Hebrews 9:27 But when did you die? Galatians 2:20 “I was crucified…”
When you live your life based on a “forever” thinking you live differently. You are a better steward of things. Valuables, treasures and people. You find stress goes away. I live just as “hard” with my belief as those that think you got to “get ‘er done” before it’s over.
I am not “taking” away heaven and a “hereafter” just suggesting there is an alternative and a pretty viable one. We are unraveling what was for “what is” and certainly what can be. Lives are lengthening. Miracles increasing. The raising of the dead more frequent. “Here on earth as it is in heaven” more real.
Just as Jesus took captivity captive, the merging of heaven and earth is on the rise.
What if 1,000 is the new 80?