The little old lady walked me to the door. While she walked me through the beautiful home she kept talking about travel. We reached the door and I walked down a very narrow ramp. As we reached the bottom large animals that looked much like rhinoceroses came into view, running across the front yard. We continued to speak of travel and I shared stories from trips to California and flights that had been taken.
Her parting words hit me. “You travel well.”
I awoke and thought, “do I?”I began to meditate on the dream.
Earlier in the dream my wife and I had been traveling around the world. We visited friends in Europe, particularly friends in Scotland. We visited our friends in South Africa. But when we arrived at this house “life” stopped. We found ourselves welcomed, taken care of and served. Many people began to show up. It seemed like every day we were involved in something.
As I began to explore the dream, evaluating any personal parts, touching the ones that didn’t remembrances of a dream a few days ago came into play.
In that dream we had a very large home. Three, possibly four stories high. Wooden floors, lots of light and a feeling of comfort. In the dream we began to take people in. One was a couple we know very well. Another young couple moved in as well. Everyone had lots of room and we never saw each other much. A young lady moved in. She was haunting. Beautiful, pleasant, free from the burdens of life. She brought joy. One day there was the discussion of “how we would get out” of our top floor living area. The older couple began to share their experience. While they were doing it I watched the young woman. Something mysterious was happening.
I awoke from that dream, thinking on it a lot, but getting ready for church took away my time.
When I arrived at church there was “water” on the floor. Only an inch or so, but enough to cause me question. I was impressed to go to Ezekiel 47:1-3.
This morning I began to tie things together.
- Enlarge your tents-Despite what you hear or are seeing the Lord is causing you to “enlarge your tents.” He is asking you to make room for those to come. (Isaiah 54:2)
- Influence-The very nature of God grows influence. He is putting you in places of influence, like He did Joseph. You may be in the pit, you may be in the prison, but there is a palace in your future.
- Go Where He Sends You-In June of last year the Lord began to show me many were not where He had intended them. He was bringing a correction to that. Seasons would end and new ones would begin. For so many in the scriptures there was a blessing in the going. Not just to go but to be sent and set by Him. (I keep hearing black spirituals this morning. “Children, Go Where I Send Thee”.)
- Travel Well-Wherever you go, whether to a nation or to the grocery store, be aware of what God is saying and “travel” well. Bring blessings to those you come in contact with.
- Season Of Rest-God is making provision for a season of rest to understand His rest. In the coming days you will see many well-known men and women give up ministries as God aligns their theologies on grace, the finished work and even eschatology. These seasons are for the strengthening, the caring and the soon to be sending.
- Giants In The Land-The rhinos were indicative of the danger even in the most beautiful of seasons and places. I felt a nudge, about “no more politics as usual.” Initiating a new involvement in our communities and a “care-less” attitude about what negative-talking spies will say. This is OUR PROMISED LAND!
- Be Aware-We are in a season of increasing discernment. With discernment comes a need for responsibility. With increased responsibility a need for multiplied grace in our lives.The young lady was mysterious. She was an old friend from a hippie commune I used to work with. An anything goes place, but creative in the arts, inventive and caring. She was there because she saw God moving. Her old ways were seductive not only to those about her, but even to herself as she would circumvent and expedite things to “get them done.”
- Increased Needs-It is more important now than ever before as these individuals and families begin to appear that we recognize the gifts others have as well as our own. The implementation of gifts is upon us. How they connect is our next greatest understanding and need. (Ephesians 4:16) Be aware, for just as your gift can open doors of freedom in other’s lives it will open doors of entrapment for you if it is not in harmony with the other gifts.
- Go Tell It On The Mountain-We are in a season where the invitation to the banqueting table is being proffered. What you speak in Zion is occurring in the earth. This is an open invitation. Tell it everywhere! This song was a black spiritual and I think it is relevant that we are going to see an upsurge in communities that time has passed by. The prophets are saying “Let My People Go!”
- The Floodgates Are Opening-“Do you not know that you are the temple of the Holy Ghost?”(1 Corinthians 6:19) You are the keeper of the gate. Open wide ye gates! (Psalm 24:7) Let the rivers flow! (Move in power!) The flood is coming. Families, communities, nations and regions will be swept away by the power of the Lord. (John 7:38) For out of your bellies shall flow rivers of living water. (Or as my Kenyan friend Jeremiah would say, “out of your bellies shall flow livers of riving water!” We were doing a tent meeting and he was praying and his strong African accent took over. When he said it, I laughed. He was so excited! But over the years as I have meditated on it, it was the Lord. There are live-rs, people who live, who carry the waters of riving-that word means to rend, to take apart. When they speak mountains move, lives change and the people are set free.)
Last night as my wife and I were talking we were discussing various aspects of the day. Friends, job pursuits, even my “no” from the Lord. She said something interesting. “A lot of people have a good message, but because of hurts, anger and such, when they speak, people back away.”
This was in response to a conversation with a friend where the discussion turned to conspiracies, GMO’s, medical marijuana and more. Many of us recognize those things, but here is the big question. Will you be able to share it? And if you do share it, can you do so without anger taking over? Without being sarcastic, rude or pessimistic. Can you provide an answer or are you just spouting off “talking points”?
Facebook and such have caused us to just pass on so much that no one really pays attention anymore. It is time to remember that God is bigger than any conspiracy. Do I like that Google bought NEST and the government is involved? (You did see the Department of Energy calling for home energy monitoring in December, right?) No more than I did the US government was involved in selling them a drone a few years ago.(The web cleaned it up pretty nicely…) But Facebook posts will not change our government. (Why I am going here I do not know.)
Change your nation-
- Walk in what God is asking of you.
- Vote-use your voice. Find out what you need to know.
- Get involved-Maybe US history wasn’t your bag 40 years ago, but make it your bag.
- Learn the language of the people. (Daniel 1:17)
- Pray that light would infiltrate areas of government. (Don’t worry about exposure-just get light, life and liberty in there.)
- Love your neighbor!
The world is changing and you are the instrument of change. Instead of worrying about Google, NEST, GMO, NSA and other alphabet soup, concentrate on two letters…
God is the Alpha and the Omega!