What is the secret behind restoration?
I had two dreams last night. Very closely related.
In this dream a large bus was carrying young children to a very remote area to camp. When we got there large tents were there. I saw young people running towards the lake. The water was so pure, so clear I could smell the freshness of it all.An older man was teaching some of the children to fish. There was such a large number of sunfish caught in such a short time I was amazed. As they brought their fish over to the man and his large metal sink, he offered to show them how to clean fish. He showed them how to remove the heads, clean out the insides and remove the scales.
Some of the kids were squeamish at first, but soon they were in the flow of things. I saw the meat and I thought how white, fresh and clean it looked.
In this dream I was in a large theater building. There were cameras, lights and people all over. It was some type of broadcast studio. In this dream there were a lot of young people, multi-culture and passionate audience.
There was a man who was perhaps 40 years old, with longer black hair and a small mustache. He was in a wheelchair. He was alone on a stage with no one around him. I went over to talk to him. I brought another man. He began to cry as he talked about how he had lost everything. He was pastor who had been involved in a diving accident. The result was he lost he lost his family, his friends and his church. He was sobbing. I stood up and I saw a man named Glenn Beck.
As I walked away I hear the person I had left behind telling him we were going to help him. I went over to all the young people and I told them we were going to build this man’s church. The children jumped up from the seats and ran down the hall. They crashed into a room that was some type of assembly hall. There were lots of old wooden chairs that were huge. The chairs moved hard, but the children were able to get them into place.
Shortly after the man was wheeled in by the man I had left with him. Close behind was Glenn Beck. The children were crying out to hear what the man in the wheelchair had to say. There was a great light as the man I had left behind touched his shoulder and prayed. He immediately got out of the wheelchair and began to hug the children. The man went to the front of the children and began to share. Mr. Beck remained at the back of the room with the man who had remained with the pastor. His face reflected the awe of the healing he had just seen.
Upon waking up from the second dream I was immediately caught up in how vivid these dreams were and how much “in them” I had felt.
- Young children being brought from a city situation to a wide open area. Certainly there is a broadening of horizons in the body of Christ. Matthew 19:14
- Being brought in by a bus tells me there are a lot of children. An unusual type of ministry but one we recognize. Proverbs 22:6
- The tents are important. They represent a habitation, a place of meeting. Isaiah 54:2
- The older man showing the children how to clean fish. Titus 2:2-12
- The sunfish represented abundance and harvest. John 4:35
- Remove the heads, “gut them” and scale them. These speak of discipleship to me. Matthew 28:19. There is also the removal of the head when someone believes on Christ. They renew their mind. Romans 12:2. The fact that their insides were white (Matthew 23:26) and the scales removed. (Acts 9:18) There is a renewing, a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Young people again, excited with the multi-cultural flavor.
- A large theater represented a prophetic drama being played out. Representative of Hollywood.
- Man in wheelchair, 40 (often speaks of a judgment), leader, handicapped. Too often we see men and women “handicapped” from incidents. Hidden they believe from God’s mercy and grace.
- A diving accident-jumping in without wisdom just reminds me of the necessity of all the gifts and callings to be present. Ephesians 4:11, 1 Corinthians 12
- Glenn Beck is a Mormon, a radio personality. Personal feelings aside, I believe God is getting ready to move in places many think He “can’t”. Acts 10
- Build the church. Matthew 16:18 Extend the Kingdom. Isaiah 9:6-7
- A restoration. Proverbs 6:31
- A healing. 1 Peter 2:24
As I look at the two dreams together, I see that God is going to use once again a generation who has been moved to the wayside. He is taking His people to places that are places of refreshing and restoration. He will use men and women who have made mistakes, bad choices and endured all types of hardships. He will remove their handicaps and thought they may walk with a limp (Jacob) or sport a scar (Jesus) God will use them once again. Perhaps not the way they once thought, but the way He has designed them, molded them and shaped them. I do see a wave of grace touching witches, cults and covens. The idea that God could reach the lost has never been lost on God. There are many who will be disciples, cleaned up and sent out with the power of the gospel in their lives.
There is a reach into the populations of inner cities and burnt out communities. They will come by the busload. There is a wave of His goodness moving in hearts. (I hear the word “unprecedented.”)
It’s a new day! A new season! Begin to declare “the winter is over” (For real, for real!) and there is a thaw in the air as the “Son fish” are being touched. There is a move of real discipleship, relationship and equipping. Many are those that the Lord is re-freshening (To calve and therefore begin to produce milk. Used of a cow.) for this season.
Folks-we are sitting on the edge of a move of God to touch nations. It is time to stop sitting and a time to stand. I said the other day that if every believer would increase their “influence” 10% this year the world would shake. How do we increase our influence? By changing the environment and climate we come in contact with.
The children are coming!
What is the secret behind restoration? You!